Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My week of work

I have worked 7 of the past 9 days. I have made countless hats and mittens, I am waiting for my new book assignment. This time, I get to DESIGN.

Photo 154
A man hat and girl mittens. Plymouth encore.

My mitten pattern:
Worsted weight, US#6 DPN
CO 33 stitches, 11 on each needle. Work 22 rows in a K2 P1 rib. Work 9 rows in stockinette.
Thumb Gusset:
Knit all stitches on needle 1, K 5 stitches on second needle, pm, M1, K1, M1, pm, K5, K all stitches on needle 3
Row 1: k
Row 2: K to marker, slip marker, M1, k to marker, M1, slip marker, k to end
Repeat rows 1 and 2 twice.
Knit all stitches on needle 1, k5, place next 11 stitches onto waste yarn, k5, k all on needle 3. 32 stitches remain, work in stockinette stitch for 20 rows.
K6, k2tog around. K 1 round. k5, k2tog around. K 1 row. K4 k2tog around. K3, k2tog around. k2, k2tog around. K1, k2tog around, k2tog around. 8 stitches remain. Thread yarn through and weave in ends.
Place the held thumb stitches on 2 dpns. Pick up 2 stitches along mitten edge. 14 thumb stitches. Work 10 rows, k2tog around. thread the 7 remaining stitches and weave in ends.
Make two, of course.

Two of my coworkers, Anne and Janet are making the Whisper Cardigan from Interweave Knits, Spring 2009. Inspired, I cast on last night using a tweedy coned wool I bought at Salvation Army for really cheap. The gauge is about right. I am not too concerned. It looks nice and rustic, and I am considering embroidering it when I am finished.

Photo 155

I'm finished with one sleeve already, it goes pretty quick.

No comments: