Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The Winter Time...

...Is something of a tough time for me. No, it's not the Cleveland snow, or the blisteringly cold, windy walks through campus that strike fear into my heart. As a knitter, I quite enjoy the winter time, it gives me the opportunity to show off whatever I've been working on all year. Sweaters, hats, scarves, mittens, I love it all. However, the one thing I don't love about winter is the sweaters, hats, scarves and mittens of OTHER people.
It has been cold enough for these articles of knitwear for about 2 weeks now, and so far the parade of chenille hats and fun fur scarves has sickened me to my very core.
I am sick of the sparkely crochet tams, and the winter- themed intarsia caps. I am sick of the goofy cables and over sized bobbles.
Enough.
For serious people.

No comments: