Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Rant

I know I'm not a political blogger. I don't claim to be. I am a knitting blogger. I blog about yarn. And knitting. Just let me say this.

Everyone in my building is ill-informed. You'd think that in the journalism dorm this wouldn't be so, but then again what do I know. I got to Kent State University along with the rest of these jerks.

Dumb opinion: "I'm an Obama fan, but if Hillary wins I'm voting republican. Hillary has a bigger dick than Bill!"
Me: "Why do you hate Hillary?"
DO: "I just do."

It seems to me, in this case at least that "I just do" is code for "She has a vagina."
Now, don't get me wrong- I'm an Obama supporter. However, I won't write off Hillary's validity

Obama and Clinton aren't THAT different. They have similar viewpoints in many areas, health-care and education aside. Their views on civil unions and stem cell research are very close. Chances are if you're voting for Obama, you're a democrat. And if Hillary does indeed have a bigger dick than her husband, well, let me be the first to suck it off.

This probably isn't that well informed either, but at the very least I have looked at the platforms and made my choice accordingly. Thats more than I can say about the girl I overheard "Hillary sucks, the last thing we need is another republican..."

Day in and day out I hear plagiarized political commentary, and I am sick of it.
Am I dumb because I go to school with these people?

No comments: