Thursday, July 19, 2007

Dawson McAllister, you are an idiot.

I came across Dawson McAllister's radio show months ago, while waiting to pick Josh up from work. It's a 7 hour "faith based" advice show that airs on Sunday nights across the United States. He claims that it's "The Sunday night show that changes everything..." On his page, you can listen to his archives, and read his blogs.

The point I'm trying to make, is that it is the most ridiculous thing you will probably ever hear.
His advice is heavy handed and dramatic, and usually he claims to fix their problem by directing to his website.

One of my favorite callers was this girl who needed advice about loosing her virginity.
"Uh, last night me and my best friend had sex..."
"Well, that's a horrible thing to do to your future husband!"
or
"I hang out with people who do drugs and have sex, and I'm afraid I'll start doing it too."
"Well, If you play an instrument, you might just get music. Do you know what I mean?"
"No..."
"Well, If you are at a barber shop long enough, you WILL get a haircut."

Well Dawson, I'm not sure I follow you either.

No comments: